If you’re not a Christian we are glad that you’ve found our website!
Life in Hong Kong
For many people Hong Kong is an exciting place to live, but it can also feel pressurised and stressful especially if you are away from home. It can be hard to build deep relationships and there is the constant pressure to succeed and be seen to be successful. Many people come to Hong Kong to shop for luxury goods or to sample its wide variety of food.
I’m very busy – why should I think about Jesus?
This is a very good question. Here are three reasons to consider:
- He affirms our common dignity. The Bible teaches that all people are equal in dignity and status and Jesus lived this out in a culture and society loaded with prejudice. Jesus extends a hand of invitation to people from every nation and culture.
- He meets our deepest need. The Bible says that we all fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and so none of us worships or honours God as we should. However, Jesus came to earth to forgive us by taking our sins and the punishment that we deserved on the cross. In doing this he meets our deepest need – the need for forgiveness and a restored relationship with him – and offers us all a new start and a new life through the power of his Spirit.
- He makes a difference in the world. It is no exaggeration to say that Jesus has had the greatest impact of anyone on our world. He calls his disciples to be ‘salt and light’ making a difference wherever God has placed them. Although the church hasn’t always lived up to her calling, the positive impact of Christians in Hong Kong can be seen everywhere – from hospitals and schools to churches and many organisations that help the poor and needy. As a church we are privileged to be involved with some of these.
How can I find out more?
Here are 4 options for you to explore:
- You could come along to any of our meetings, make friends and ask questions.
- If you’d like to find out more about who Jesus is in an informal setting then we run a course called Christianity Explored. You can find out about the next course by contacting us here.
- Our resources section has sermons you can listen to or you could buy a book from our bookstall (available after church on Sundays). Here we have a number of titles that will introduce you to Christianity and give some answers to common questions.
- You can view a simple presentation of the Christian message called “The Bridge to Life”.