All the financial needs of Ambassador International Church are met by God through the generosity of those who attend. If you would like more information about our finances or how to start giving, please read on!
A biblical perspective
One of the most concentrated passages on the subject of giving is in Paul’s second letter to the Corinthians chapters 8 and 9. It is worth taking the time to read these chapters before coming to any decisions. Some of the key points are as follows:
Ten principles of giving
1. Sacrificially (2 Corinthians 8:1-2) – despite our needs
2. Generously (8:3-7) – as much as we are able
3. Gratefully (8:8-9) – in response to Christ who although he was rich yet for our sakes became poor
4. Realistically (8:10-12) – according to our means
5. Equally (8:13-15) – giving out of our plenty to help supply what others need
6. Properly (8:16-24) – ensuring that our management of money is above reproach
7. Actually (9:1-5) – where what we actually give matches our promises
8. Freely (9:6-7) – not reluctantly but cheerfully
9. Confidently (9:8-11) – knowing that God will always supply our needs
10. Encouragingly (9:12-17) – so that others will praise God for what he is doing
You can read more about these ten principles in “The Grace of Giving” by John Stott which is available on the welcome table.
Take some time to consider your response to God in this area:
• Pray… asking God how best you can support his work with the money he has given you
• Determine… a practical plan
• Set up… a standing order or a regular way of giving that works best for you
Frequently asked questions
What is money spent on which is given to Ambassador International Church?
Money given to Ambassador is used to further our aim of helping people to follow Jesus. This includes our ministry as a church and giving to missions both locally and overseas. A precise breakdown of how we spend the money can be obtained from the church treasurer.
Is it possible to give tax efficiently?
It is possible to give tax efficiently and tax receipts can be obtained from the church treasurer at the end of the financial year.
If I am an American tax payer it is possible for me to give to Ambassador via Friends of Hong Kong?
Yes. The process is very straightforward. Simply make a cheque out to “Friends of Hong Kong Charities Inc.” and place it in the offering. This will then be submitted to Friends of Hong Kong who will bank the cheque and issue a receipt and give the required amount to Ambassador. This process may take up to six weeks.
How can I make regular donations via standing order?
Regular giving is an enormous help to us in our planning, and also saves effort for the giver. To set up a standing order please contact your bank and set up regular donations using the following information:
Account Name: Ambassador International Church Limited
Account Number: 500-730700-838
How can I make a single donation?
Please make a cheque payable to “Ambassador International Church Limited” and place it in the weekly offering, or make an online donation or ATM transfer to the account above.
How can I change my current giving?
Please contact your bank to change an existing standing order.
How can I find out more?
For further information, or to ask questions about any aspect of the church’s finances, please contact the church treasurer.