What’s the vision?
Our church provides a great opportunity to experience gospel ministry in a thriving global city in a context of training and mentoring. We have a vision to train up gospel workers for both Asia and the wider world.
What is it?
Our Ministry Associate Program aims to provide applicants with practical experience of gospel ministry through a placement with our church. The focus of this scheme is on helping individuals to understand and be trained for various aspects of gospel work, and to get an up-close view of local church pastoral ministry.
The main components of the scheme are:
- Biblical Training – through Moore College correspondence courses, and in practical sessions with trainees from our partner churches in Hong Kong, St Andrews Church, Kowloon, and Shatin Anglican.
- Ministry Experience – in the local church depending on the gifts and interests of the trainee.
- Practical Service – alongside pastoral staff in a variety of areas.
Ambassador requires applicants to commit for at least one year on a full- or part-time basis.
Who should apply?
The Ministry Associate Program is suitable for:
- Committed evangelical Christians who love the Lord and want to serve his church.
- Those who are keen to pastor people, teaching them from God’s Word.
- Those who are able to work as part of a team, and relate to people from all sorts of cultures and church backgrounds.
- Those who are exploring the possibility of full-time ministry and want to gain experience before making a final commitment.
- Adults of all ages, including recent graduates, who want to take time out from their working life to be better equipped to serve the church.
- Both Hong Kong residents and internationals.
The first step is to talk through your suitability and the possibilities of full-time gospel work with your existing church leadership. We are currently open to taking applications for our autumn 2016 intake. If you are interested in becoming a ministry associate at Ambassador Church, please contact our pastor, John Percival via our contact page. To view a pdf brochure please click here.